Writing About GrowthBusters: Hooked on Growth?
Here are Resources to Help!
- Press Kit
- Quotes from the Film
- Useful Links
- News Stories
- What Others are Saying About Growthbusters
To download, either ctrl+click (MAC) or right click (PC) and save the file to your computer. Please e-mail dave [at] growthbusters[dot] org if you need a higher-resolution file or come across any difficulties.
Description of Growthbusters Project – Brief
GrowthBusters: Hooked on Growth is a 54-minute documentary examining the beliefs and behaviors preventing us from becoming a sustainable civilization. It’s the first in a series of films planned by the non-profit GrowthBusters public education project. The film is available for purchase at www.growthbusters.org and Amazon.com.
Description of Growthbusters Project
GrowthBusters: Hooked on Growth is a documentary film that asks the most critical question of our time: How do we become a sustainable civilization? It takes a unique approach among modern environmental documentaries: Rather than dispensing facts about climate change; peak energy, food and water; and bio-diversity loss, it examines the cultural barriers that prevent us from acting rationally. It asks why population conversations are so difficult to have, and why a roaring economy is more important to us than a survivable planet. It explores our obsession with community growth and economic growth. GrowthBusters holds up a mirror, encouraging us to examine the beliefs and behaviors we must leave behind, and the values we need to embrace, in order that our children can survive and thrive.
- News Release:Provocative Film About the End of Growth Taps Crowd Power
- “Most Important Film Ever Made” Premieres Nov. 2
- “Don’t Shop!” Filmmaker Advises on Black Friday or Cyber Monday
- Don’t Just Change a Lightbulb, Change the System
- Filmmaker: Stephen Colbert a Growth-Pushing One Percenter
- Population Institute Honors GrowthBusters as Best Film at 33rd Annual Global Media Awards
- Hooked on Growth to debut selections at EcoFest
- Film lauds Carbondale for fighting growth
- Hooked on Growth interviews Transition US Board
- The Tunnel: digging for dollars